One bump in the road, and it doesn’t appear there is an easy fix.
The Help:* files aren’t loaded by default with the default wiki.
Online I found three variations of solutions:
* Do an “export” of the pages (but need a formatted file of all the
* Edit/Copy the source of the important pages, and paste into
matching pages of my wiki
* Link to another wiki’s instance of the pages
This seems like a glaring omission of the wiki setup, and while I
understand that including a default set of help files has two major
1) what language(s) to include
2) it goes against the core ideas of wiki (that of evolution of
It does, however, cause some issues when have users that want to know
more about the basics of wiki editing and would just like some
overview documents to help them be more efficient. I also understand
there is a certain level of structure that may be of a
“wiki-specific” nature… however, it would be nice to have some
basic English Help files… or a repository where-by it is easy to
get s “starting point” for these files.
If you are using a wiki and have found a better way to gather
together these Help pages… I would appreciate hearing about it.