WordPress Updates with 1and1 hosting

If WordPress automatic updates fail using 1and1.com hosting with the message: WordPress 2.7.1 Upgrade Failed.

All you need to do is add this line to your .htaccess file:
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses to “WordPress Updates with 1and1 hosting”

1. Erik June 11, 2009 at 3:12 pm #

Thanks a Million!

2. geologue November 17, 2009 at 11:10 pm #

Wow great! Thank you!

This event fixed my connection problem with the new WordPress for iPhone app!

Why do we have to go thru this kind of hassle!! I hate 1and1!

3. clement November 20, 2009 at 8:16 am #

Found the trick thanks to geologue on iphone.wordpress.org. Looks like magic to me.
    Thanks a lot.

4. Dustin December 2, 2009 at 11:57 pm #

To whom ever figured this out, you’re a saint! Thank you so much. I can’t believe something as easy as this fixed both my auto update and iphone app features. Brilliant!

5. Kevin Gamin December 29, 2009 at 9:45 pm #

Jeremy – Thank you very much for posting this simple code fix. Not only did I need to add that one line of code to my .htaccess file, I had to create the file to begin with! Strangely enough, though, there is an .htaccess file in my logs directory, but, when I copied it to my root, my site started asking for credentials, so I created a new one from scratch.

I just posted a blog entry from the WordPress iPhone app about my ordeal. I credit you with showing me the light and leading me to WordPress bliss. The blog entry is at http://gaminnet.info/?p=215.

Thanks again!

6. Royce Eddington December 30, 2009 at 11:24 am #

THANK YOU! This got my WordPress iPhone app up and running!!

7. geeknurse September 1, 2010 at 12:12 am #

Worked like a charm. Thanks. My htaccess file now looks like this:

# BEGIN WordPress

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

# END WordPress

8. Jon March 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm #

I’ve been trying to resolve this issue forever. Thanks for the tip. It worked perfectly!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Wordpress for the iPhone, “500″ errors, .htaccess, and 1&1 hosting | Royce Eddington - December 30, 2009

[...] Here’s the link to the repair article on snydersoft.com. Categories: Tech!, Test Post Tags: Comments (0) Trackbacks (0) Leave a comment Trackback [...]